At its core, Web ViewPoint Enterprise was designed to be a browser based (Edge, IE 11, Firefox, and Chrome are supported) tool to monitor and query posted Events from HPE NonStop’s EMS (Event Management Subsystem). This later expanded to offer:
- System Performance monitoring
- Alert & notification subsystem
- Failure recover logic
- Storage management & interface
- Spooler interface
This version also offers connection to a Cloud subsystem (if user chooses to activate) which can maintain a lifelong history of system performance data. This can be used for a variety of purposes such as:
- Behavior analyses
- Problem avoidance
- Quick problem resolutions if/when they occur
- Capacity planning
- Application monitoring & chargeback
- System trend and availability reports
- Deep analyses
In a simplified format, these topics and usage of Web ViewPoint Enterprise is described in the following sections.
Web ViewPoint Enterprise is manufactured by Idelji Corporation www.idelji.com and marketed & supported by HPE. For support contact HPE’s GNSC. For more information, write firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is New?
The following is a summary of new features included in this release (HO1AAC-LO1AAD):
- Added new entities to the alert monitoring feature, increasing the total monitorable resources from 48 to 60. Newly added alerts are listed below.
- PCB High Pin
- PCB Low Pin
- Pathway Server Class:
- Max Process Count
- Min Process Count
- Line Quality
- Response Time
- Inclusion of Pathway
- Enhanced the alerting module by:
- Allowing wildcard in selection of Disks
- Discarding duplicate EMS messages within a specific time frame
- Suppressing specific events using a filter file
- Providing ability to activate/deactivate alerts by entity type and/or group name
- Providing ability to deactivate alerts for a specific time period.
- Ability to
- Improved overall product usability by making minor enhancements
- Playback of 1-hour worth of performance data on your browser
- Enhanced online monitor piece
- Added CPU/IPU Memory and Process Memory to the Summary graphs
- Improved the Admin-Threshold screen by introducing sliders to configure values.