File scanner looks for processes opening and writing to files you specify, for the period of time you set. Here are the search options:
- File – Enter a name of a single file, or use wildcards to cover many.
- Opener in CPU – Select any specific CPU to look for openers. Default is all CPUs.
- Start at / On: Set a start date and time.
- Stop at – Optionally, set a stop start date and time.
- Display Top – Choose from one of the displayed options to set how many matching entries should be displayed at once. A Next Button is displayed to allow you to display more, if more matches are found.
- Scan – Choose whether Remote Analyst should scan forward or backward in time, from the start time you set.
Click on the Scan Button to start scanning. You may click on Stop Button at any time to halt the scan.
Matching entries are displayed on a grid. You may click on the File name (if wildcards were used to search) to see the history of that file, or Openers count to see the list of Processes which had opened that file, and from there to more details on each Process.