By hierarchy, we refer to how access to information is organized, as it appears on the left panel of the browser. Web ViewPoint Plus
is designed for HPE NonStop Servers, and that is where the hierarchy starts.
A globe icon is displayed on the highest level.Click on this icon to see a the current Performance statistics of all the neighborhood Servers in a summary format.
Below the globe icon, each NonStop Server is identified by its name (e.g. MYNSTOP). Click on the Server name, to expose and access all available features, described below:
- Monitor – See current / live performance statistics of the Server in a more detail format,, and if so licensed, access Remote Analyst for deep analyses, discoveries, and historical trends.
- Events– See live and historical EMS (Event Management System) Events.
- Storage – View and interact with the storage (Disks/sub-volumes/file) subsystem
- OSS – View and interact with the storage subsystem from an OSS point of view.
- Spooler – View and interact with the Spooler subsystem
- Admin – Perform the following administration tasks
- Alerts – Setup EMS Events you want notifications to be sent out when they happen, and what automated action to take.
- Delivery – Configure the following settings:
- SNMP – Define SNMP information required to forward Events to Enterprise Management software (e.g. Tivoli).
- SMTP Server – Define SNMP information needed to email out Alerts.
- Template – A Template sets what you want to see on your Events screen, and how they should be displayed. Here is where you define them.
- BAM – Business Application Manual (BAM) is really an imaginative/quirky (you be the judge) name given to the ability to add detail (description, cause, effect, recovery) information about Events generated by your in-house applications. Here is when you define them.
- Exceptions– Description of category of Events you absolutely do not want to be bothered with.
- Skins – Choose font type & size, and color characteristics of how Events should be displayed; give it a name, and use it. Your colleagues can create more, or use yours.
- License – See when your license to use Web ViewPoint on each Server expires. You may also (assuming internet connection to the outside world) receive updated licenses, or otherwise enter one given to you by HPE.
Users – Setup who (by guardian users) should have access to what features of Web ViewPoint Plus, and on what Servers. You can also enter their contact info for notification purposes, as well as password to connect to Remote Analyst in the cloud.