Manual or DSM/SCM Installation Overview
Web ViewPoint can be installed using the DSM/SCM tool or can be installed manually.
For DSM/SCM, use the IPSETUP.exe program to upload the files from the CD / PC to the NonStop server. Follow the screens on the Wizard and provide the necessary information as prompted. It is strongly recommended that the user have SUPER.SUPER credentials. Once the IPSETUP program completes ensure that the files listed below have been transferred in the correct format and the file codes are correct.
For Manual Installation, use the files within WS_SW/WVP Installation folder and follow the below instructions.
- Make sure your <installation-subvol> subvolume is empty before starting the transferring.** Make sure that the wvp.tar file which is distributed along with the installation package is downloaded to your PC. This file should not be present within the <installation-subvol>
- Upload the SETUPWVP and UMPPAK (H, J or L series)) to your <installation-subvol> in binary mode.
- Run the below to set the parameters for Web ViewPoint Installation.
> RUN SETUPWVP
Starting from H01AAE-L01AAF, below prompt is added
Input the guardian user id of a user who you want to be the Manager of Web ViewPoint i.e. with all Administrative privileges.
- It prompts user to select from the two available install options i.e. Fresh Install or Import over Install
- Input ‘F’ for a new installation
If ‘Fresh Install’ option is selected, it prompts user to input the TCP process and the port number.
If the default parameters will not be changed input “S” and enter to Submit.
To change the default parameters, follow the examples below.
Examples changing the default parameters:
1. Input number 1 and enter, input desired TCP Process name and enter.
2. Input number 2 and enter, input desired Listening Port # and enter
Input “Y” if you want to start Web ViewPoint without changing/editing any parameters within the configuration files, (i.e. default configurations).
Note: If you select “Y” skip to the OSS section below.
- Input “N” to edit the parameters within the configuration files before starting WVP.
Note: If you select “N” continue with steps to change default configuration.
Input ‘I’ for import over installation
If ‘Import over Install’ option is selected, it prompts user to input the location of previous WVP installation followed by TCP process and the port number.
Input $VOLUME.SUBVOLUME location of the old Web ViewPoint installation from where you want to import the data files from.
Edit the parameters, if required, and input “S” to submit the parameters.
Input “N” to edit the parameters within the configuration files and start the collector later.
Starting from Web ViewPoint H01ABY-L01ABZ, below prompt is added
Input Y if you want to enable the user permissions and access control feature
Input N if you do NOT want to enable the user permissions and access control feature
If necessary, follow the following steps in order to change the process names and port number within the configuration files.
- Edit the “STARTWVP” configuration file, change the process names to unique process names.
ASSIGN PROGCONF1, UGATCONF
PARAM LISTENER-PROCESS $WVLST
PARAM TCP-PROCESS $ZTC0
RUN PROCMAN/NAME $WVPMN,PRI 160, NOWAIT/
RUN UMPCOL8 /NAME $WVCL8, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPCMON /NAME $WVCMN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN EMSMON /NAME $WVEMN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
- Edit the “STOPWVP” configuration file, change the process names to match the ones from the “STARTWVP” configuration file.
status *,prog UMPGATE, stop
status *,prog UMPMEAS, stop
status *,prog EMSLINK, stop
MEASCOM STOP MEASUREMENT UMPACT, NO ADD
- Edit the “UGATCONF” file and change the port number.
TITLE UMP Gate
PARAM WEBLOCATION /usr/tandem/wvp
- Edit the “UMPCONF“ file and change the process names, CPU numbers and EMS collector if required.(i.e. Change the ems collector defined by the “COLLECTOR” parameter to a unique name)
— Supported products are NTS, RA and PMC.
SET PRODUCT_NAME RA
— SET EMS Log parameters
SET EVENT_LOG COLLECTOR $0
SET EVENT_LOG SSID 1500
— Set UMPGATE parameters
— Set UMPCOL8 parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCOL8 backup should run
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPCMON parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCMON backup should run
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPMEAS parameters
SET UMPMEAS SAMPLE_INTERVAL 15
SET UMPMEAS COLLECT_FOR CPU, PROCESS, DISK
— Set EMSMON parameters
comment — CPU number on which the EMSMON backup should run
SET EMSMON BACKUP_CPU 1,2,3,4,5
SET EMSMON BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
If necessary, change the EMS collector defined in the “COLLECTOR” parameter of the “UMPCONF” configuration file (default is “$0”) using the following command:
a. > EMSACOLL /NAME $UMP, NOWAIT/
- Issue the following command to start the WVP host components:
> OBEY STARTWVP
NOTE: Starting from Web ViewPoint H01ABQ-L01ABR, users can now install OSS files without having to set up the iTP Webserver (i.e. OSS files can be installed in /usr/tandem/wvp ).
Using OSS mode, set the path to /usr/tandem folder within the OSS space (this can be changed to any path). By default, the path is set to /usr/tandem/wvp.
You may choose to change the default path by changing it in the UGATCONF file within the WVP subvolume.
- Create folder wvp in /usr/tandem location (example: /usr/tandem/wvp)
- cd wvp
- Transfer the tar file (which was sent as a part of install package) to the wvp folder
- Extract the contents of the tar file using ‘tar -o -xvf wvp.tar’ command.
- Edit the host.txt file in the data folder (/usr/tandem/wvp/data)
- Change the Nodename to match that of the installation of the host agent.
- Open your browser and enter the IP address specified in the host.txt file followed by port number (specified in the UGATCONF file within Web viewpoint subvolume)
- To access the lite port, type the following url http://nn.nn.nn.nn:8787/#/lite