Storage offers a File Explorer-like interface to NonStop disks & files, with various features and commands. The Storage Icon within the left pane represents the Storage subsystem. Clicking on this icon displays a list of Disks in the panel to the right, along with their % used value.
You may sort the list of disks for either column (name or % used) by clicking on the icon above its column heading. Clicking on the same icon a second time, reverses the sort order.
Clicking on a sub-volume name displays a list of files in that sub-volume, along with their summary information (similar to a FUP INFO * for that sub-volume). You may sort this information for any column by clicking on its column heading. Clicking on the same heading a second time, reverses the sort order.
Note: There is an instant results file searching tool which can be used to find and display a list of files matching criteria you specify by typing in the available fields under the header.
You may issue one of several commands on a selected file (command execution requires proper user-id & authority). Clicking on the file name brings up a popup menu displaying the available file commands, listed below:
- Properties: Opens a new Window and displays detail file information.
- Obey: This option is valid for files with file code 101 (text files). Obeys the selected file, and displays the results in a new Window. Start and stop time stamp will also be displayed to determine the time it takes to complete the operation.
- Run: This option is valid for TACL Macro files with file code 101 (text files). The pop-up that displays gives you the option to run the macro in a nowait format, and specify an output location.
- Rename: Prompts you to change the file name (volume & sub-volume names remain the same).
- Alter: Prompts you with the option to alter file code, owner, file security, and maximum extents. You may alter multiple attributes at once.
- Delete: Upon your confirmation, purges the file.
- Duplicate: Prompts you with a dialog box where you can enter the full file name (volume.subvolume.filename) where you want this file to be duplicated to. Its alternate key files or other partitions, if any, are not affected. Current volume and subvolume where the file is located are used as default.
- Opened By:This option is available only when a file is open. It displays a list of processes which have this file opened.
- Move: Prompts you with a dialog box where you can enter the full file name (volume.subvolume.filename) where you want this file to be moved to. This deletes the file from its current location and moves it to the target location. Its alternate key files or other partitions, if any, are not affected. Current volume and subvolume where the file is located are used as default.