This is where you can compare transaction activities of your various applications. It is based on Application Profiles you define in Capacity Model. Here you can select one or more Profiles, and review their recorded transaction rate, vs. % CPU Busy. Transaction rates are calculated based on how the Profile was earlier defined. In general, it measures IO rates against one or more files, and calculates CPU resources used associated with those transactions.
Parameters displayed on the right panel allow you to control what should be displayed:
- From Date & Scope – Date to start, and period to show
- CPU Display – Whether % CPU busy should be displayed, and if so, how
- Weekdays – Which weekdays should be included
- Hours – Select which hours of each day should be included in the display. Choices are:
- All – all hours
- Peak CPU Busy – Only the hour where average CPU Busy of all CPUs reached its peak
- Peak TPS Rate – Only the hour where transaction rate (of selected profiles) reached its peak
- Only – select specific hours
- Profiles – Select one or more of predefined Application Profiles
- Show business transactions as a percent of total – This enables you to separate what you consider to be business transactions from overall transaction rates.
Click on Submit to see the transaction trend based on your selection criteria.
From there you can access CPU & Process Scanners or export the displayed content to Excel.
You can also click on the CPU Busy graph to open a new window showing you details on that exact point in time.