Support the development, quality assurance and management team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
Organize and maintain IT resources
Support in programming, analytics, and application quality assurance
Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Strong verbal and written communication
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work well in teams
Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Entry level position for a Enterprise SaaS company in the heart of Santa Monica, steps from the beach, is seeking a QA Software Engineer to join our growing team.
This position requires good understanding of the software development life-cycle, experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong written, verbal and organizational skills.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on business requirements and execute them
- Report defects found in testing promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools(Jira)
- Timely and accurate communication of testing events, daily status, and test execution results
- Able to perform tasks for creating, updating and maintain User and Release Documentation
- Perform configuration management tasks on test environments
- Provide and initiate support to customers on an as needed basis
- Keep management informed of progress and escalate issues when needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Zephyr and Selenium webdriver
- Able to develop and deliver test automation framework tests in one of the following VB Script, Java, or Python (preferred)
Perks and Benefits:
- 3 weeks paid time off to start, growing every year within first 10 years of employment
- Amazing Downtown Santa Monica location 3 blocks from the Promenade, 5 blocks from the Beach
Write programming code to enhance, update or fix several software suites.
Maintain existing products and develop new features for web-based server monitoring application.
Develop software using the latest technologies and deploy software across multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and various HP operating environments.
Work with Agile project disciplines to deliver high quality software solutions.
Innovate, design and develop solutions and tools for mission critical systems.
Debug the existing bugs in the application and resolve them. Architect, design, and implement user-facing features end-to-end.
Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures. Write scripts file to automate the build process and maintain it.
Master’s (or foreign degree equivalent) degree in Computer Science or closely related field.