Navigating through Features
My NonStop is accessed from a Browser on your laptop/PC. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are supported. You do not need to install any App on your laptop/PC. First securely connect to the URL where My NonStop is listening to.
Logging on to My NonStop
This is the first screen displayed when you connect to the port where your My NonStop is installed. Software version number/code, along with the name of the NonStop Server you are connected to are displayed to the right of the My NonStop logo. To logon:
- Enter either your Guardian Group.User ID/name, or Alias on the top field. “Remember me” checkbox will remember your user ID/Alias for future.
- Enter your password in the second field and click on the right arrow or hit either Enter or Return key.
After a successful logon, navigate to RA Studio. This will open a new window with the list of all available products for the NonStop Server you connected to, published by different Producers.
Following is displayed per product:
- Producer. Company which produced the Product.
- Product Name.
- Product Version.
- Published On. Date the product was published.
- Install. Use this feature to download and install directly from NonStop Studio. It downloads a PAK (compressed format on HPE NonStop) file, which contains all files needed to install the Product.
- About. Click on the link to learn more about the Product.
For knowing more about Installation Options, visit www.idelji.com/my-nonstop-help/install-products/
After a successful logon, the main screen shows a list of all installed products. Below is a sample screenshot:
My NonStop shows a list of all Products that are installed on your NonStop Server.
Following is displayed per Product:
- The NonStop Server on which it is installed.
- Product Name.
- Product Version.
The icons are displayed on the rightmost of each product:
- Status Detail. Click on it to see the following:
- Status. Whether the Product is currently running or stopped.
- Installation Subvol. Volume and Subvolume where Product was installed.
- OSS Location. The OSS directory where Product’s UI library files are stored.
- Installed On. Installation date and time.
- Running Since.
- Processes Running. List of all processes that are currently running.
- Start/Stop. Only one of the two is available, depending on whether the Product is currently running/active. This is how you start or stop a Product.
- Edit Configuration. You may change any of the configuration parameters you had entered before. Products (e.g., Web ViewPoint Enterprise) which adhere to RA Studio protocols will be notified of the change in parameter settings. Hence, such Products can accept and incorporate the new changes with no service disruption.
NOTE: To learn more about the configuration parameters in detail, visit this article.
- Upgrade. Only displayed when there is a new version available on RA Studio.
- Upload. This takes your installation information to Remote Analyst and automatically builds a handbook which it emails you. This handbook may be used by different staff members at your company. Available at no additional cost, this optional feature requires you to register/logon to Remote Analyst.
- Delete Product. Only visible if Product is stopped, this gives you the option of removing all Product files from your NonStop Server. This is useful when you want to remove an earlier version. A single click (and confirmation) is all it takes.