- Alerts - Overview
- Are there any prerequisites before I create and forward Alerts?
- How can I forward Alerts to Enterprise Manager Tools?
- What are my options for adding and customizing Alerts?
- How can I check the status of my Alerts?
- How can I Activate and Deactivate Alerts?
- Do I have an option of viewing Alerts that were generated i.e. Alert Logs?
- How can I take an automated action when the Alert conditions are breached?
- Can I copy Alerts from one NonStop server to another?
- How can I suppress alerts for duplicate EMS messages?
- How can I escalate Alerts?
- How can I check Alert Detail for a specific metric?
- Overview - Delivery
- What delivery options do I have?
- How can I configure/update SMTP information?
- How can I configure Alert Delivery via SMS Text?
- What are the supported SNMP Versions?
- How can I configure SNMP protocol?
- How can I configure SYSLOG protocol?
- How to set up Alert Delivery to Enterprise Manager via JSON data?
- Overview - Create and Manage Users and Response Teams
- Are there multiple authentication methods?
- Can I restrict user permissions to specific sections of the Product?
- Can staff members create their own Alerts?
- Can Manager add Alerts and make them public to other Staff users?
- Add a Group instead of individual aliases
Onboard Your Own Apps
Configurations and Considerations
< All Topics
Do I have an option of viewing Alerts that were generated i.e. Alert Logs?
0 out of 5 stars
- You may set Alert conditions for a variety of metrics and thresholds. Once any of the thresholds are breached (and log is requested), Web ViewPoint E keeps full track of all incidents. For each, it records:
- When the breach occurred (once or repeated).
- What the threshold and actual values were.
- Person who was notified and/or when notification was forwarded to central monitoring (e.g., ServiceNow).
- Record of any automated recovery action.
- When recovery took place, if any.
- Whether the incident was escalated to others.
- Alert Logs can be simply viewed by clicking on the Alert Log (bell) icon next to the Server name(s) in the neighborhood.
- A new window prompts you to select from the following search criteria:
- Period From. Select a review period from date/time and optionally to date/time to specify the period of the activity that you are interested in.
- Object. You can cast your net wide or zoom in on a specific instance. Select Any or only specific entity / metric / instance combination
- Severity. Look for any or specific type of alert conditions: Minor / Major. At least one needs to be selected.
- Notified / Escalated. You may choose to only search for alerts for which notification or escalation was sent to certain individuals or groups (e.g. Super.Oper, Super.*).
- Click on the Submit button to open a list of matching Alerts.
- This shows a list of incidents which match the criteria selected/specified above. Each row is color coded to represent the severity of the alert: Red for Major, Yellow for Minor. A heat map is displayed at the top which provides an immediate visual summary of the major and/or minor alerts matching the selected criteria. Following columns are displayed:
- Time: When the alarm was generated.
- Entity: Name of the entity for which the alarm was generated.
- Metric: The metric whose value was breached.
- Object: Name of the object that breached the threshold condition.
- Expected: Expected threshold value (above or below).
- Actual: Actual value noted, which violated the expected threshold and caused the Alert.
- Click on any row to see the chain of events/actions associated with that incident.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents