- Alerts - Overview
- Are there any prerequisites before I create and forward Alerts?
- How can I forward Alerts to Enterprise Manager Tools?
- What are my options for adding and customizing Alerts?
- How can I check the status of my Alerts?
- How can I Activate and Deactivate Alerts?
- Do I have an option of viewing Alerts that were generated i.e. Alert Logs?
- How can I take an automated action when the Alert conditions are breached?
- Can I copy Alerts from one NonStop server to another?
- How can I suppress alerts for duplicate EMS messages?
- How can I escalate Alerts?
- How can I check Alert Detail for a specific metric?
- Overview - Delivery
- What delivery options do I have?
- How can I configure/update SMTP information?
- How can I configure Alert Delivery via SMS Text?
- What are the supported SNMP Versions?
- How can I configure SNMP protocol?
- How can I configure SYSLOG protocol?
- How to set up Alert Delivery to Enterprise Manager via JSON data?
- Overview - Create and Manage Users and Response Teams
- Are there multiple authentication methods?
- Can I restrict user permissions to specific sections of the Product?
- Can staff members create their own Alerts?
- Can Manager add Alerts and make them public to other Staff users?
- Add a Group instead of individual aliases
Onboard Your Own Apps
Configurations and Considerations
< All Topics
Installing Web ViewPoint Enterprise EMS Template
0 out of 5 stars
To map the Web ViewPoint Enterprise’s Subsystem ID to its Subsystem Name for generated EMS messages by WVP E, it’s EMS template file needs to be installed. This will cause the Web ViewPoint Enterprise messages to show up as TANDEM.WVP instead of TANDEM.257.
For installing the NonStop Web ViewPoint EMS templates, please follow the steps listed below.
- Logon to the system as SUPER.SUPER. Go to the Web ViewPoint installation Subvolume and run the following command:
- Run WVPTMPAK
The above command will extract the ZWVPTMPL file and place it in the current subvolume.
- Determine the volume where the installation subvolume ZINSAIDS is located. This subvolume should have been placed on your system when you installed your last SUT-based products.
- Enter the following command at the TACL prompt:
- LOAD / KEEP 1 / $VOL.ZINSAIDS.TACLMACS
Note: Where $VOL is the volume where the ZINSAIDS subvolume is located.
- Volume to $SYSTEM.ZTEMPL. This is the subvolume where the individual product templates are located.
- Move the new Web ViewPoint template file (ZWVPTMPL) from the sub volume where Web ViewPoint is installed. For example, if you installed the Web ViewPoint software on $SYSTEM.ZWVP5, then enter the following command:
- FUP DUP $SYSTEM.ZWVP5.ZWVPTMPL, *, PURGE, SAVEALL
- Determine the names and location of your current resident and non-resident template files using the following command:
- SCF INFO SUBSYS $ZZKRN
- Volume to the directory where the template files are located. For this example, assume they are located on $SYSTEM.SYS00.
- Pick a pair of names for your new resident and non-resident template files. Make sure files do not already exist with these names. For our example, let us assume that the new names will be:
- NewRes (for the new resident template)
- NewNRes (for the new non-resident template)
- Enter the following command to create the new template files:
- INSTALL^TEMPLATES NewRes NewNRes CURRENT^TEMPLATES $SYSTEM.ZTEMPL
- NewRes and NewNRes are created in your current subvolume, which we had set to $SYSTEM.SYS00 in step 7.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents