How can I Manage Pathways?
- Head over to Admin -> Pathways. To manage a Pathway, Web ViewPoint Enterprise needs to know/learn details of running Pathways, and store names of all its entities for all Objects (TERM, TCP, & SERVER). This process needs to be done once. In addition, Sync option is provided so that when necessary to synchronize the database with the current state of operation (e.g., remove information for a Pathway that no longer exists).
- At first, the right part of the window will be blank with an Add button on the top right corner.
Learning a Pathway
- Clicking on the Add button displays the list of all available pathways on NonStop (parameter on NonStop is used to set Pathmons to consider). Select all the Pathways you want to manage, and enter the name of Obey files to Cold Start, Cool Start, or Shutdown each Pathway. There is one row of fields per selected Pathway. This information is optional but is needed if you want to use Web ViewPoint Enterprise to start or shutdown a Pathway.
Note: All file name entries should be fully qualified with volume and sub-volume names.
- Click on the Save button to initiate the Learning process. When done, names of the newly learned Pathways will appear on the summary screen.
Pathway configuration Maintenance
- From time to time, you may want to update the information about the previously learned Pathways. Instances when such may be the case are:
- A given Pathway environment is no longer used.
- Obey files to start/shutdown have changed or need to be entered.
- Entities have been added or deleted from a Pathway outside of Web ViewPoint Enterprise (e.g. Pathcom), and information needs to be synchronized. Note that Web ViewPoint E automatically updates its database anytime you delete an entity or add a new one using its own commands.
- Select Pathways from the list to perform one of the three functions (a button is provided for each).
- Enter or change Obey files names to start/shutdown the selected Pathway(s).
- Periodically you may want to update the WebViewPoint E database to match any changes you may have done directly on NonStop. This may have been done either by direct Pathcom commands, or changes in startup files and a pathway restart.
- Simply click on the Sync button to initiate this process for each Pathway. This relearns the Pathway by retrieving names and certain additional configuration information of all Entities for the selected Pathways and updates the Web ViewPoint E database.
Deleting a Pathway
- Click on the Delete button to remove all information for selected Pathway from the Web ViewPoint Enterprise database.
Pathway Start/Shut down
Start – Click on the Start button on the row of your selected Pathway. If a startup file name was not previously entered, you will be prompted to enter it. If information is already configured, it opens a dialog box, giving you the option to perform a Cold or Cool start. Select the appropriate option and click on the Yes button. Web ViewPoint Enterprise issues an OBEY request on the host to Obey the startup file you select here. The result of this process (obey file listing) is displayed in a new Window. This shows the beginning timestamp, the result/listing of the obey file, the end timestamp, and duration of the startup for that Pathway. Shut down – If a startup file name was not previously entered, you will be prompted to enter it. Otherwise, clicking on Stop opens a dialog box which requests your confirmation to shut down the Pathway. Web ViewPoint Enterprise issues a request on the host to OBEY the shutdown file. The result of this process (obey file listing) is displayed in a new Window. A timestamp shows the beginning of shutdown operation, and another shows the time when it completes. Web ViewPoint Enterprise also calculates and displays the time the shutdown operation takes.