- Alerts - Overview
- Are there any prerequisites before I create and forward Alerts?
- How can I forward Alerts to Enterprise Manager Tools?
- What are my options for adding and customizing Alerts?
- How can I check the status of my Alerts?
- How can I Activate and Deactivate Alerts?
- Do I have an option of viewing Alerts that were generated i.e. Alert Logs?
- How can I take an automated action when the Alert conditions are breached?
- Can I copy Alerts from one NonStop server to another?
- How can I suppress alerts for duplicate EMS messages?
- How can I escalate Alerts?
- How can I check Alert Detail for a specific metric?
- Overview - Delivery
- What delivery options do I have?
- How can I configure/update SMTP information?
- How can I configure Alert Delivery via SMS Text?
- What are the supported SNMP Versions?
- How can I configure SNMP protocol?
- How can I configure SYSLOG protocol?
- How to set up Alert Delivery to Enterprise Manager via JSON data?
- Overview - Create and Manage Users and Response Teams
- Are there multiple authentication methods?
- Can I restrict user permissions to specific sections of the Product?
- Can staff members create their own Alerts?
- Can Manager add Alerts and make them public to other Staff users?
- Add a Group instead of individual aliases
Onboard Your Own Apps
Configurations and Considerations
< All Topics
How can I Manage a Group?
0 out of 5 stars
- Head over to Admin -> Groups. You may define one or more Groups of Entities for any Pathway Object and assign them an identifiable name. Entities may be part of one or more Groups. When issuing a command for an Object, you are given the option to apply the command to a group of Entities, simply by selecting the Group’s name you had previously defined.
- Group definitions are held centrally on NonStop. As such, when you add a new Group or make changes to a current definition, it immediately becomes available to all other Web ViewPoint Enterprise users.
- To manage group definitions for a Pathway, click on Groups button for that respective Pathway. Then select its desired Object folder (TERM, TCP, SERVER).
Adding a Group
- When no Groups are available or selected, only Add operation is displayed. Select the Add option and enter a group name (free format – 1 to 35 characters) in the entry box right below the Add option.
- A list of all Entities for that Object and Pathway is displayed in a dropdown list. Select any one or more Entities, as you click on each Entity they get selected automatically. If you want to remove any Entity from the list, simply click on the selected Entity (it gets unchecked and removed). Click on the Submit button to add the new Group.
Editing a Group
- Select the Edit option. This displays a dropdown list which contains a list of all Group names currently defined for this Object and Pathway. Select a Group from this list. Its list of Entities will be displayed in text box for Entities.
- Make any changes to this list, by checking and unchecking from the list of Entities. Click on the Submit button to apply the changes to this Group.
Deleting a Group
- Select the Delete option. This displays a list of all Group names currently defined for this Pathway in the dropdown list. Select any one or more Groups that you want to delete from the dropdown list.
- Click on the Submit button to confirm & delete the selected Group.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents