- Alerts - Overview
- Are there any prerequisites before I create and forward Alerts?
- How can I forward Alerts to Enterprise Manager Tools?
- What are my options for adding and customizing Alerts?
- How can I check the status of my Alerts?
- How can I Activate and Deactivate Alerts?
- Do I have an option of viewing Alerts that were generated i.e. Alert Logs?
- How can I take an automated action when the Alert conditions are breached?
- Can I copy Alerts from one NonStop server to another?
- How can I suppress alerts for duplicate EMS messages?
- How can I escalate Alerts?
- How can I check Alert Detail for a specific metric?
- Overview - Delivery
- What delivery options do I have?
- How can I configure/update SMTP information?
- How can I configure Alert Delivery via SMS Text?
- What are the supported SNMP Versions?
- How can I configure SNMP protocol?
- How can I configure SYSLOG protocol?
- How to set up Alert Delivery to Enterprise Manager via JSON data?
- Overview - Create and Manage Users and Response Teams
- Are there multiple authentication methods?
- Can I restrict user permissions to specific sections of the Product?
- Can staff members create their own Alerts?
- Can Manager add Alerts and make them public to other Staff users?
- Add a Group instead of individual aliases
Onboard Your Own Apps
Configurations and Considerations
< All Topics
How do I add new TERM to a Pathway?
0 out of 5 stars
Adding new TERM to a Pathway
- Head over to Operation -> Pathways. Select a Pathway from the left panel to which you would like to add a new TERM.
- Select a command (described below) from the left list, to apply to one or more Entities you select on the right.
- All (Object name) – Selected command applies to all Entities of the selected Object. Note that this includes even Entities which may not have been previously present when this Pathway as last learned.
- Select – Web ViewPoint E displays an alphabetically ordered list of all learned entities for you to choose from. Select any one or more entities to apply the command to.
- Group – Web ViewPoint E displays a list (via a drop-down list-box) of all previously defined Groups. You may select a Group and have Web ViewPoint E execute the command against all entities which are part of this Group.
- Type – You are given the option to manually type in the name of a single Entity to apply the command to. No wildcards are supported. You may even enter the name of an Entity which has not been learned before.
- Only if: – This enables you to apply the selected command to entities based on their current state (e.g. Abort All TERMS which Suspended are). Note that the list of displayed state options to choose from varies and is dependent on the selected Object and command. Upon issuance of a command, Web ViewPoint E examines the current state of each entity for the selected Pathway and Object. The selected command is issued, if the current state of an entity matches your selected option.
- Adding an Entity by clicking “Add” button, will not be reflected in manual startup files on NonStop. However, Web ViewPoint Enterprise notes it in its own startup configuration files.
|Command||Pathcom equivalent||State Option|
|Abort||Abort||Suspended – Running|
|Info||Info||[Not] Running – Stopped – Suspended|
|Restart||Abort – Start||Suspended|
|Status||Status||[Not] Running – Stopped – Suspended|
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents