Overview – Admin Pathways
- Head over to Admin -> Pathways. To manage a Pathway, Web ViewPoint E needs to know/learn details of running Pathways, and store names of all its entities for all Objects (TERM, TCP, & SERVER). This process needs to be done once. In addition, Sync option is provided so that when necessary to synchronize the database with the current state of operation (e.g., remove information for a Pathway that no longer exists).
- At first, the right part of the window will be blank with an Add button on the top right corner.
Learning a Pathway
- Clicking on the Add button displays the list of all available pathways on NonStop (parameter on NonStop is used to set Pathmons to consider). Select all the Pathways you want to manage, and enter the name of Obey files to Cold Start, Cool Start, or Shutdown each Pathway. There is one row of fields per selected Pathway. This information is optional but is needed if you want to use Web ViewPoint E to start or shutdown a Pathway.
- Click on the Save button to initiate the Learning process. When done, names of the newly learned Pathways will appear on the summary screen.
Pathway configuration Maintenance
- From time to time, you may want to update the information about the previously learned Pathways. Instances when such may be the case are:
- A given Pathway environment is no longer used.
- Obey files to start/shutdown have changed or need to be entered.
- Entities have been added or deleted from a Pathway outside of Web ViewPoint E (e.g. Pathcom), and information needs to be synchronized. Note that Web ViewPoint E automatically updates its database anytime you delete an entity or add a new one using its own commands.
- Select Pathways from the list to perform one of the three functions (a button is provided for each).
- Enter or change Obey files names to start/shutdown the selected Pathway(s).
- Periodically you may want to update the WebViewPoint E database to match any changes you may have done directly on NonStop. This may have been done either by direct Pathcom commands, or changes in startup files and a pathway restart.
- Simply click on the Sync button to initiate this process for each Pathway. This relearns the Pathway by retrieving names and certain additional configuration information of all Entities for the selected Pathways and updates the Web ViewPoint E database.
- Click on the Delete button to remove all information for selected Pathway from the Web ViewPoint E database.
Pathway Start/Shut downStart – Click on the Start button on the row of your selected Pathway. If a startup file name was not previously entered, you will be prompted to enter it. If information is already configured, it opens a dialog box, giving you the option to perform a Cold or Cool start. Select the appropriate option and click on the Yes button. Web ViewPoint E issues an OBEY request on the host to Obey the startup file you select here. The result of this process (obey file listing) is displayed in a new Window. This shows the beginning timestamp, the result/listing of the obey file, the end timestamp, and duration of the startup for that Pathway. Shut down – If a startup file name was not previously entered, you will be prompted to enter it. Otherwise, clicking on Stop opens a dialog box which requests your confirmation to shut down the Pathway. Web ViewPoint E issues a request on the host to OBEY the shutdown file. The result of this process (obey file listing) is displayed in a new Window. A timestamp shows the beginning of shutdown operation, and another shows the time when it completes. Web ViewPoint E also calculates and displays the time the shutdown operation takes.
- Head over to Admin -> Groups. You may define one or more Groups of Entities for any Pathway Object and assign them an identifiable name. Entities may be part of one or more Groups. When issuing a command for an Object, you are given the option to apply the command to a group of Entities, simply by selecting the Group’s name you had previously defined.
- Group definitions are held centrally on NonStop. As such, when you add a new Group or make changes to a current definition, it immediately becomes available to all other Web ViewPoint E users.
- To manage group definitions for a Pathway, click on Groups button for that respective Pathway. Then select its desired Object folder (TERM, TCP, SERVER).
Adding a Group
- When no Groups are available or selected, only Add operation is displayed. Select the Add option and enter a group name (free format – 1 to 35 characters) in the entry box right below the Add option.
- A list of all Entities for that Object and Pathway is displayed in a dropdown list. Select any one or more Entities, as you click on each Entity they get selected automatically. If you want to remove any Entity from the list, simply click on the selected Entity (it gets unchecked and removed). Click on the Submit button to add the new Group.
Editing a Group
- Select the Edit option. This displays a dropdown list which contains a list of all Group names currently defined for this Object and Pathway. Select a Group from this list. Its list of Entities will be displayed in textbox for Entities.
- Make any changes to this list, by checking and unchecking from the list of Entities. Click on the Submit button to apply the changes to this Group.
Deleting a Group
- Select the Delete option. This displays a list of all Group names currently defined for this Pathway in the dropdown list. Select any one or more Groups that you want to delete from the dropdown list.
- Click on the Submit button to confirm & delete the selected Group.