My NonStop – Overview
All metrics received through various Applications are integrated into WVP E components. Users may choose which parts they want to see on their screen, set Alert conditions and thresholds for various metrics, forward information to other open systems (e.g., ServiceNow, Splunk and Remote Analyst). HPE Partner, Gravic Inc. ( https://gravic.com/ ) uses this architecture to forward metrics from its Shadowbase™ product to WVP Enterprise and beyond.
Navigating Through Features
Logging on to NonStop
This is the first screen displayed when you connect to the port where your Web ViewPoint Enterprise (WVP E) is installed. Note: Software version number/code, along with the name of the NonStop Server you are connected to are displayed to the right of the WVP E logo. To logon:
- Enter either your Guardian Group.User ID/name, or Alias on the top field. “Remember me” checkbox will remember your user ID/Alias for future.
- Enter your password in the second field and click on the right arrow or hit either Enter or Return key.
This refers to how My NonStop features are organized on the browser’s left panel. There are 3 main access features as described below:
- Shop & Install. Download & Install a given Application and Version.
- Manage. Manage your installed Apps.
- Events. See live and historical EMS (Event Management System) Events.
Shop & Install
Data definitions on Applications, their metrics structure and their install files are maintained in NonStop Studio (on Remote Analyst). It gives users the ability to create YAML like metric definitions for one or more Applications. As Applications are updated and new versions are available, new, and different metrics definitions may be defined for each version. My NonStop users do not require a Remote Analyst license to access the definitions on its Studio. There are two simple steps:
- Shop: Within the Studio tab, click on the icon on the upper right side of screen. This will list all available Applications and Versions published by ‘Producers’ (term used in Remote Analyst) on NonStop Studio. Publication Date/Time of each Application.Version is noted. This is the Date/Time the Producer made this definition available to its user community.
- Install: There are 3 Installation options available for the users to choose from.
Studio: This will download an Application.Version from NonStop Studio and prompts for the Installation Process. NonStop: This allows for installing an Application.Version who’s Install PAK file is already present on your NonStop server. Choose the location of the Install PAK file present on your NonStop server using the dropdown lists available, \Server.$Volume.Subvol.Filename. Post selections, click on Install button goes through the Installation Process. My PC: This allows users to upload an Application.Version’s Install PAK file from their PC. After upload, click on the Install button goes through the Installation Process. Installation Process The process starts with prompting you to enter the installation locations on both Guardian and OSS space. Upon successful transfer & unpak of the installation package, it prompts for a series of Startup & configuration parameters. After which, WVP E automatically knows definitions for which Application.version is installed on your NonStop Server (noted on the list box on the upper left). Installation Date/time for installed definitions is noted.
This is where you can see what Application.Versions are Active/running on your NonStop Servers, and perform the following management functions:
- Start – When definitions for a new Application.Version are installed, it is first placed in Start mode. If an Application.Version has been stopped, you may Start it. This starts the process of collecting metrics from the associated XVBroker and forwards it to WVP Enterprise. Note that Start option is not available, if a different version of the same application is already in Start mode.
- Delete – You may delete a Version it is in Stopped state. This initiates the process of removing all the files, programs & data associated with that Application.Version from your NonStop server.
- Edit – You may Edit a Version to customize it to meet your requirements while in Start state. My NonStop does not require the application to be Stopped for any change management.
- Link to NonStop Studio – You may click to logon to NonStop Studio (present on Remote Analyst) to gain access to:
- History of your past installs
- Download Handbook (your personalized configurations & settings) for each Application.Version
WVP E Installation Procedure
Overview This section provides the installation process that you can perform and the requirements you should consider before installing the software. Web ViewPoint Enterprise offers users a flexible browser-based wizard to automate the installation process. Configuration data is collected through user input then the configuration file (SPYAML) is built and pushed to the NonStop server. This process greatly simplifies and streamlines the Web ViewPoint Enterprise install process. Pre-Installation Tasks The user should read the following section before starting the install process to understand the basic requirements and to make the proper preparationsin order to complete the install therefore it is important to have this information ready and available before starting the install process. HARDWARE & SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: Hardware HPE NonStop Server with minimum OS release as: H06.10 onward J06.03 onward Recommended Windows configuration: 8 GB RAM minimum CPU Speed 2.1GHz or faster Software Measure Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Edge Package Info
- MYNSINST – Setup program for MyNonStop
- MYNSPPAK – PPAK file of My NonStop containing all the required files & programs for the product installation
- WVPEPPAK – PPAK file of WVP E containing all the required files & programs for the product installation
Files & Programs My NonStop WVP E Installation Overview Installing Web ViewPoint Enterprise requires a one-time installation of MyNonStop. Its objective is to serve as the central hub which will assist the users to install, manage and monitor the products they installed on their NonStop servers. In this case, it will serve as a hub to install & manage Web ViewPoint Enterprise (WVP E). To begin the installation process, transfer the files from WS_SW/WVPE Installation folder to the Guardian Subvolume where you want MyNonStop to be installed and running. Next, run the setup file > RUN INSTMYNS As the setup program proceeds, it leads you through two distinct installation phases: Installing MyNonStop and Installing Web ViewPoint Enterprise via MyNonStop. The following sections describe these installation phases in greater detail.
Phase 1: Installing MyNonStop
In the first installation phase, the setup program i.e. INSTMYNS asks for the preliminary information that it needs to begin the installation of MyNonStop. A setup wizard prompts you for the following information: PROCMAN-PNAME – Process name used by Process Manager Default. $MPMAN TCP Process name – TCP stack to be used by MYNSLNR Default. $ZTC0 LISTENER-PROCESS – Process name to be used Listener MYNSLNR Default. $MYLST Port Number – Port on which MYNSLNR should listen on Default. 8282 Options. 1025 – 65535 Guardian Location – Location on NonStop where you want to install My NonStop Default. $DSMSCM.MYNSINST OSS Location – OSS folder in which the MYNSUI UI files should be copied to Default. /usr/tandem/mynsinst Manager – Group.user who you want to be the Manager of My NonStop & Web ViewPoint Enterprise i.e. with all Administrative privileges Default. SUPER.SUPER Once the user inputs the information, the files are extracted and UI files are transferred to OSS space. Upon completion, a user is presented with a secure URL to access and logon to MyNonStop. By logging on to My NonStop, user can continue to the phase 2 of the installation process.
Phase 2: Installing Web ViewPoint Enterprise
In this phase, My NonStop begins the actual process of installing WVP E. You may choose to install WVP E using 1 of 3 different options. The following are the available options.
- Studio: This allows you to choose the latest available WVP E SPR published on NonStop Studio. Simply select the SPR you would like to install and click on Install button and prompts for the Installation Process.
- NonStop: This allows you to select the PPAK file of WVP E which is already present on your NonStop server. Choose the location of the Install PAK file present on your NonStop server using the dropdown lists available, \Server.$Volume.Subvol.Filename. Post selections, click on Install button goes through the Pre-Installation & Installation Process.
- My PC: This allows users to upload an Application.Version’s Install PAK file from their PC. After upload, click on the Install button goes through the Installation Process.
The process starts with prompting you to enter the installation locations on both Guardian and OSS space. Upon successful transfer & unpak of the installation package, it prompts for a series of Startup & configuration parameters. After which, WVP E automatically knows definitions for which Application.version is installed on your NonStop Server (noted on the list box on the upper left). Installation Date/time for installed definitions is noted.